Shahid Kapoor working hard for Michael Jackson act  

Shahid Kapoor is working hard on his Michael Jackson act for the Filmfare awards, even if it means rehearsing on his birthday Thursday.

Says Shahid: 'The Filmfare organisers felt I could do the Michael Jackson tribute. And I took up the challenge.

'We didn't have much time to rehearse, only four days. But I've grown up watching MJ's music videos, am a huge fan, so it wasn't difficult to master the choreography. I will be paying a tribute, not copying MJ. But it is better not to adulterate his steps,' he adds.

While other performers at the Filmfare awards Saturday will have their acts recorded, Shahid will perform live.

Says the focussed performer: 'Yes, I'll be going live... an eight-minute homage. I love dancing on stage. In India, there's no specific culture for stage performances.

'Out West, there's a huge market for live performances. Their films don't have songs and dances. Their pop stars have a vibrant stage culture. So, stage performances are a huge market in the West,' he adds.


vpost: 08

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment

Visitors Choice