Does Farhan have a double role in 'Karthik...'?  

If you are wondering whether Farhan Akhtar has a double role in 'Karthik Calling Karthik', continue speculating for some time. The actor has refused to spill the beans on his role in the soon to be released film.

'All I can tell you is I play a lonely introverted character down on his luck, unsure and inarticulate. Everyone takes advantage of the guy I play,' Farhan said.

He is quick to point out that he doesn't play a geek. 'Karthik isn't a geek. Something happened in his childhood to make him the way he is. This guy is just an introvert.'

All the films that Farhan has been seen in so far have been produced by the actor himself. 'I've no issues working for any producer as long as the project and its backers are rock-solid. An actor's worst nightmare is if his project stalls midway.

'With 'Karthik...,' for the first time my company is co-producing a film with another company called Magic Bean. Director Vijay Lalvani came to me with the offer to act and co-produce the film.'

Releasing Feb 26, the film also features Deepika Padukone and Shefali Shah.

Farhan admits he was offered Rohan Sippy's film with Abhishek Bachchan. 'I couldn't do it because the dates clashed with Zoya Akhtar's (his sister) film. I love her script about three friends. The fact that I've done films about male bonding before ('Dil Chahta Hai', 'Rock On') didn't deter me. No one stops to ask how many films about the man-woman relationship are made every year. Then why not more films about male friendship?' he said.

Farhan's next production tentatively titled 'Crooked' does not feature him in the cast. 'I'm very happy just being the producer. I've written the dialogues. It's already interestingly cast and didn't need me. While promoting 'Karthik...' I'm also doing pre-production of the sequel to 'Don'.'



vpost : 03

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment

Visitors Choice