Pupil Rehman, Mentor Ilayaraja …Bag Bhushan Biggie  

Pupil  Rehman,  Mentor  Ilayaraja …Bag  Bhushan  Biggie











An Oscar ain't enough for the "Mozart of Film Music." Among the truckloads of trophies lining his shelves, another honour will soon occupy pride of place. The Padma Bhushan!

A R Rehman earns the third highest civilian honour of India for his exemplary contribution to music. Incidentally, Rehman shares this honour with Ilayaraja, his mentor!

A visibly thrilled Rehman stated in a newspaper inter phew, "I'm overwhelmed that I have received the honour at the same time that Raja sir has got it. It is a great personal statement for me . He has played for my father Sekhar and I have played under Raja sir. It is a family thing for me."

Close encounters of the musical kind …


vpost : 01

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment

Visitors Choice