Dibakar opens up on audience response to LSD  

Dibakar opens up on audience response to LSD It has been a week since the release of LOVE SEX AUR DHOKHA and as expected, it has resulted in widespread debates across the blog world, social networking forums as well as 'aam junta'. This Dibakar Banerjee directed film may not have given rise to controversies or an outrage but the fact remains that it has indeed created a stir. The hardcore treatment of the film, whether it is theme, language, visuals or an entirely new grammar of film making, has made quite a few stand up and take notice.

"Well, I always expected that this would happen", smiles Dibakar as he keeps a close track of the business that his experimental film is generating, "I knew it was a new territory that I was chartering but then I could also not shy away from saying what I had to say. Sometimes the truth can be bitter and in case of LOVE SEX AUR DHOKHA, it was always going to be the case. This is the kind of truth which is bitter, funny, sad - just about everything. One has to draw a distinction between these elements after watching the film."

Though the film has opened to a moderate response at the box office, the word of mouth is seeing a fast spread. Since the film is not really everyone's cup of true, there is a clear line that has been drawn between people who have loved the film and others who have loathed it. The silver lining though is that critics have been unanimous in calling the film as a bold step in the right direction.

"Instead of basking in the glory of all the acclaim coming my way and feel proud about it, I look at this response with a sense of responsibility. After KHOSLA KA GHOSLA, OYE LUCKY LUCKY OYE and now LOVE SEX AUR DHOKHA, I know for sure that I have to be on my toes for each of my subsequent films as well", says Dibakar who is yet to announce his next venture.


vpost : 01

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment

Visitors Choice