Arshad Warsi teams up with Mani Ratnam's assistant  

Arshad Warsi teams up with Mani Ratnam's assistantAfter making a career out of doing comic and light hearted films ever since his 1996 debut with TERE MERE SAPNE, Arshad Warsi is now all set to take a serious route. He is now doing a stark dramatic flick where he would be playing a cop. This yet untitled film would be the debut directorial venture for film maker Bejoy Nambiar who has been an assistant to Mani Ratnam for last many years. Incidentally, Arshad had played a cop in SEHER as well which is the only other dark film that he has done so far.

"This is a serious issue based film which I am doing and I can't explain how much I am looking forward to beginning work on it. After all how many comedies can one do in a lifespan? It was high time that I do a film like this as well. It boasts of a great plot and when Bejoy narrated the synopsis to me, I made up my mind there and then that I was going to star in it", details Arshad.

This film by Bejoy narrates the tale of an out of job cop who is brought into a case when a few drunk rich kids run over pedestrians. The incidents don't just shock the nation but also snowball into something bigger in days to follow.

Meanwhile Arshad is all geared up for the release of his first ever production HUM TUM AUR GHOST.

"If I go by audience reaction to promos, I have this really positive feeling about the film", says Arshad in a positive tone, "Because of the limitations of the story and the plot, I couldn't reveal too much in the promos. Anything more and the story would have opened up. Still, if I look at the kind of interest amongst audience and the curiosity, I think they have made up their mind to watch it. I will wait for Friday to do the eventual talking."


vpost : 05

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment

Visitors Choice