Neetu Chandra: I have always been uninhibited  

Neetu Chandra: I have always been uninhibited









Joginder Tuteja, Bollywood Trade News Network

For the first time in her half a decade long career, Neetu Chandra is playing a central protagonist in a film. No wonder, her director Jagmohan Mundhra too has good words to say about his leading lady. Her miniscule appearance in a biggie like RANN notwithstanding, Neetu is happy that APARTMENT has managed to get her good visibility turn due to the role of a schizophrenic that she is playing in the film.

There seems to be some mutual admiration society in the making here. Jag says that he was very impressed with the way she approached the role and was totally uninhibited in front of camera. "It is nice of him to say all these things. He is a nice man and as a director if he says that he is happy with my work, I am doubly happy. As for me being uninhibited then well, that's the way I have always been ever since I did my first film GARAM MASALA. I didn't know how to swim and obviously had never worn a swimming costume. Still, I did that for the film when I was told to do so. The way it came on screen was quite classy and sweet rather than looking vulgar. It all depends upon the director. In APARTMENT too, even if there is some skin show, Jag shot it all very aesthetically. When I am 100% convinced about something, there is no question of being inhibited," Says Neetu with a glee in her voice.

Was it this trait of being uninhibited that led to some tension between her and Tanushree?

Neetu at once clarifies about her equation with Tanushree, "Please, I don't believe in any cat fights through media. If there is a fight required then I will do that and get over with it. But I don't have time and energy to encourage such random stories that keep making the rounds through various media forums. I am a straight forward person and that's the way I intend to be. If I have any problem, I talk it out."

Seems Neetu had no problem though in stepping into APARTMENT which was earlier supposed to star

Gul Panag and Raima Sen. However, Neetu isn't aware about this fact, "I have no clue if there was a different cast decided for the film. As far as I know, I was the first to be approached for the role."

Talking about casting decisions, she had replaced Raima Sen in RANN and had pined a lot of hopes on it. Unfortunately RANN couldn't live upto the expectations. Still Neetu wasn't overtly disappointed with it's non-performance at the box office, "I am happy though with the way my performance in RANN was appreciated. As for the box office fate of the film then well, working or not working of a project is not in anyone's hand. Whether it is Ram Gopal Varma or Amitabh Bachchan or Steven Spielberg or Tom Cruise starring in a film, it works only due to the collective efforts of a team."


vpost :16

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

0 comments

Post a Comment

Visitors Choice